Friday, August 05, 2005

Rowan 38


Rowan 38 Posted by Picasa

My Rowan 38 came this week. There are a few things I like in it, but I think the chances of me making them are quite slim. I decided to tot up how much it would cost to buy the yarn for each item I liked, here lies the reason that I probably won't be making any of them.


Jumper on left would cost £51.50 Posted by Picasa


cardi £55.00 & jumper £56.00 Posted by Picasa


without pink the thing £31.50 Posted by Picasa


scarf £42.75 Posted by Picasa


£49.50 Posted by Picasa


£27.50 Posted by Picasa
Am I the only one who thinks that they're a little expensive?

Have you noticed I've changed my template? I was getting bored of the pink. If anyone knows where I can get free backgrounds and stuff, let me know?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They are a bit expensive. I usually wait till I find a deal on eBay or elsewhere, or simply substitute.

Becky said...

I agree with you - Rowan prices do seem a little on the high side at the moment - everything seems to have gone up in price just recently - at least in our local store.

Sorry I can't help with the backgrounds thing - hopefully someone will be able to.

Anonymous said...

I tend to find most of the things I want to knit a bit pricey. It bugs me to know that I could buy two sweaters for the price it takes to knit just one. Isn't knitting supposed to be cheaper than buying?
I much prefer your new look! It's easier to read. Sorry I can't help much with the background problem.

Anonymous said...

This is why I always wait for the sales to buy Rowan yarn in bulk! I can't afford to spend £50 on yarn for a sweater - only to realise that I don't like the design or the way it fits after all.

Bobby M said...

Thankss for the post