Saturday, November 12, 2005

Still a Rubbish Blogger But...

I have finished my Chelsea Bag. It was really easy to knit, just one straight continuous strip.


chelsea bag before embroidery & seaming. Posted by Picasa

Here it is after I'd started the embroidery, when I remembered that I wanted to take a photo of the bag before I started the embroidery! I also meant to take a photograph of my bag before it was felted, but I forgot to do that too.


finished chelsea bag. Posted by Picasa

It was my first felted project. The strap hasn't shrunk as much as I had hoped it would, and as a result is a little bit long, so I've tide a knot in it. I changed a second pink zigzag type stitch at the bottom for pink blanket stitch instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that bag! Where did you get the pattern?

Paula said...

It was in the Rowan, Autumn/Winter Newsletter. I don't know if it's in any books, but it's designed by Sally Hatton if that helps. Or you could register to get the newsletter on the Rowan website