Friday, September 09, 2005

Dizzy

I'm taking up spinning, well I if I can figure out how it all works! I've been thinking about it for a few weeks and on Sunday I sent off the order form for a drop spindle kit from Twist Fibre Craft Studio. It came on Wednesday, it has a drop spindle, instructions and 100 grams of 3 coordinating colours.


drop spindle kit Posted by Picasa

I haven't had a go yet, but I'm going to find time to try over the weekend. I read some of the instructions and was mostly confused. Does anyone have any tips for a total novice?

Socks, Socks, Socks also arrived this week. There are at least 10 sock patterns that I like. I feel the need to buy lots more yarn.


sock patterns and reading material. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'd love to learn to spin too, so I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Anonymous said...

may i ask where did u get that patchwork cushion pattern? it's really lovely!!

Paula said...

the cushion pattern is from The Knitters Bible. I really should have put that on the post shouldn't I?

Birth Express said...

Hi. I just wanted to tell you about this cool message board for you and your knitter friends to get together and share patterns, knitting secrets and make friendships. See you there.
http://tightknitfriends.aimoo.com

Anonymous said...

The blog in your weg ring before this is a spinning blog maybe you should ask spinsista as she has a few tips on plying an making some fancy stuff as well

Maureen said...

I am sorely tempted to get one of those spinning kits. Hopefully I'll get a wee bit of instruction down at the Knitting and Stitching Show in London to see me on my way. It just turns into another excuse to find ways to add to the stash doesn't it?