Friday, May 27, 2005

Rowan International Member

My Rowan International membership came. The next Rowan Magazine isn't out until August, so there is a bit of a wait for that, but with my membership number I can download the free monthly pattern from the Rowan web site. The free gift is 2 balls of Kidsilk Haze with a free pattern for a Froth Scarf. I have no plans to start it just yet, I enough projects to be going on with.

Rowan Membership Posted by Hello

I went to Whitby on Saturday, had a look in Bobbins knitting shop with the intension of getting some Rowan 4 ply Soft, to use this months free sock pattern from Rowan, but they only had it in cold colours and I was hoping for something bit more warmer, but a little bit later I was just about walk past Boyes -a shop that sells a bit of everything- I remembered that they used to sell yarn. So in I went, and found, nothing to make socks with, but yarn to make the patchwork cushion.

Patchwork Cushion Yarn  Posted by Hello
I've made 3 patches of the cushion already, though I've only taken a photo of one. I'm liking the fact that because they are small pieces if I do something wrong I can rip it out and not be all that bothered.

first patch Posted by Hello


In other news, while at Whitby my mum & dad bought me a beautiful Whitby Jet ring for my birthday. It's Jet at one side and plan silver at the other and I love it, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Whitby Jet ring Posted by Hello

2 comments:

goodkarma said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog today. It looks like you and I have several project in common. I don't think I'll start the Light Blue Jacket for a few weeks, but I'll keep checking in here to see how your progress is going and we can have our own mini knit-along!

You've piqued my interest about the Rowan club. I might have to check that out... I adore the color of Kidsilk Haze you received.

Anonymous said...

I've just finished knitting the scarf kit from Rowan. It was really quick to knit but I didn't pick up enough stitches down one side so it didn't curl enough and had to re-do it. I was going to give it away but I like it so much I'll probably knit another one. Hope you enjoy yours when you get time to knit it (mine's in the turquoise/blue colour).