Thursday, May 19, 2005

Problems.

Peppermint Twist was abandoned for a few days at the end of last week. I fell out with it after some confusion over the arm shaping - the shaping on the sleeve was a longer length than the back. I think it's the sleeve that I've done wrong, so I'm probably going to end up ripping that sleeve.


Finshed Peppermint Twist back. Posted by Hello

While peppermint twist was unceremoniously dumped in my knitting box I decided to have a go at some of the lace patterns in my knitter's Bible. I wasn't very successful though, so I didn't bother taking any photos. I seemed to go okay at first, but when it came to repeating the pattern again it just looked a mess.

I got my first Rowan newsletter the other day. There wasn't really that much in it, but it has made me decide to join Rowan International. You get 2 Rowan magazines a year and a free pattern a month.


Rowan newsletter Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I had similar fun when I made Peppermint Twist last year (it was a way to use up loads of bits of pink in my stash). I ended up with the shaping going all to pot at the armholes when I knitted the front when I realised I'd done the decreases all wrong. It'll be gorgeous when it's finished.