Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Socks, socks and more socks.

I finished my Petticoat socks about a week ago. I hit a slight snag part way through the second sock, with the colour pattern in the yarn. For some reason the yarn decided to go really dark, so I had to cut out about a meter or so. But apart for that they seamed to knit up really quickly. I'm getting the hang of this knitting of socks malarkey! I think I'm going to get another ball of Petticoat, because I think I'll be able to make 1 sock with what I have left from the first pair and if I get another then I'll have 3 pairs of lovely Petticoat socks.


finished petticoat socks Posted by Picasa

In other sock news - hence the title, my sister has requested some pink socks. So I got her 2 shades of Opal Uni 4 ply.


Opal Uni and Clover Wonder Knitter Posted by Picasa


sisters sock so far, on my foot. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Petticoat looks like some great yarn. I like the color pink of the sister sock :)

Anonymous said...

Can i order some stripey socks from you.
Keep up the ace work!
You're giving sheep a purpose!
Lots of love

Faye