Friday, July 29, 2005

Remember Peppermint Twist?

Peppermint Twist is now a 100% finished, instead of been in pieces. It took many attempts to get the strips to line up on the second side seam. The first side went together no problem, but the second side was a pain in the arse.
The pattern tells you to slip the stitches onto holders, sew the pieces together, then put all the stitches on you circular needle to make the neckband, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I decide to cast off and then pick up the stitches later, which I managed on the second attempt.
So here is the result.


finished peppermint twist  Posted by Picasa

I'm really happy with how it's turned out.

I've also finished the first pair of socks for my sisters. In her infinite wisdom she decided that she wanted one light pink sock and one dark pink sock. I do worry about her sometimes!!!!


first pair of sisters socks Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the peppermint twist!! It looks good on you. The socks are great, too. I think if your sister went with one black and one maybe... organge I'd worry but two shades of pink, too cool, pink is good.

Anonymous said...

Peppermint twist looks fab! If the Rowan Mag disappoints this week, Im doing that!

goodkarma said...

Good on you for finishing up Peppermint Twist! It fits perfectly. Mine is still sitting in the bottom of my knitting basket... Bad!

Maureen said...

Love your Peppermint Twist. It was the first thing I made out of S'n'B and I love mine. It's actually a really good way to use up those odd balls of yarn that start to collect after a while. Pink is just such a chirpy colour - makes me smile anyway