Sunday, February 20, 2005

Opal Sock Kit.

I got my Opal Sock Kit from yarn-shop.co.uk at the end of January, but I only started on them last week, as the pattern that came with it was most confusing. It could just be that I've never knit anything like socks before, my knitting porfolio at the moment is 2 Wavy Scarfs(knitty.com), 3 Hotwater Bottle Covers and 2 Cushion Covers. When I desided that I wanted to have a go at making socks I thought it would be easier to get a kit, I thought it would be geared more to a beginner rather than a seasoned knitter, but unfortunately I was wrong. I had to go to my local library to get a book that could tell me to knit into the round, because I had no clue. That turned out not to be such a bad thing though, because that's when I found the marvelous Stitch 'n Bitch. I found it so useful I've ordered a copy for myself as well as Stitch 'n Bitch Nation.
I was going to put a photo on with this post, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Even though I've downloaded Hello and Picasa2. So if anyone is reading this, and you can help, it would be much appreciated.

No comments: