Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sorry

It's been so long since I've blogged that I'm having trouble remembering what I've done since I last wrote.

I had 2 knitting projects on the go last time I posted. I've finished the After Bertha Socks that I was making for my sister, I used Opal Uni 4ply leftover from the socks that I made her last year, so again she mismatched socks.



Pattern After Bertha from Socks, Socks, Socks.
Yarn Opal Uni 4ply.

And I've very nearly finished Nichole. Not before I ripped out the patter detail a few times though. There are lost of yarn forwards and lifting stitches over other stitches in the pattern, not to mention that you are decreasing at 1 st at each edge at the same time, I got so sick of counting stitches to make sure that I hadn't lost any when I shouldn't have!


nicole front Posted by Picasa

Since I took that photo I've sewn the sides together. I just need to sew the straps to the back and find 4 buttons for the front, so far I haven't seen any that I like, but there are one or two more shops I can try.

I'll post again soon with my current projects, knitting and sewing - I'm diversifying :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back-fun mismatched socks!!!

Sarah said...

Your Nicole top looks lovely, the colour is so nice. By the way if you were looking for buttons Purlpower recommended this site on her blog recently and it looks brilliant. Massive range of buttons.
www.macculloch-wallis.co.uk

dansejenta said...

nice socks